Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch- Changes

Taylor Hicks writes in the "About" section of his myspace page:

A statement from Taylor: To all my fans and The Soul Patrol, I want to take a moment to talk about the recent news that my label and I have mutually parted ways. The important thing for all of you to remember is that I've been a working musician my whole life. This is turning the page on a new chapter of my career. Artistic freedom and control is an exciting prospect. The things that are most important to me is creating my art, performing it, and my fans. With the momentum that all of you have created over the years, Taylor Hicks is not going to stop anytime soon. I've started working on the new album, writing and scheduling exciting collaborations. The DVD, Whomp at the Warfield, is in it's final stages, and will be released soon. So as one door closes, a new one opens for 2008 with more excitement for all my fans than ever before. Sit tight, because the best is yet to come!

This brings a change in format regarding communication from the formerly somewhat elusive Mr. Hicks. He emerges on-line, making a much needed statement to his fans and the Soul Patrol. I appreciate his wording in that first sentence.

Taylor Hicks is experiencing a change in his career, as has been run up and down in the press, J Records is no longer the label for his music. In the statement from the myspace page, Mr. Hicks writes that they have mutually parted ways, which is pretty standard industry speak in this situation.

Time again for Taylor Hicks to embrace changes; after all his rendition of "A Change A Gonna Come" during that long-past American Idol audition (click that link) has carried him this far. He's perhaps one of those cats that can roll with changes, challenges bring on the creative flow. Most likely this a good thing to once again see a "change a gonna come" for Taylor Hicks.

Communication directly with your fans in this on-line communication crazed world a necessary in todays' market for success in the fickle world of celebrity, especially music. I hope Mr. Hicks continues with adding to his myspace and talking to his fans. This would be another advantageous change.
"Changes" Video c/o blackbowie

What other changes might be seen in the man's life? Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. One thing about following Taylor's career is that it is never boring. After hearing from Taylor and his rep at CAA he seems to have a plan in place and I'm ready and willing to go on the ride with him. I have learned so much just from following his career it's been fun. Looking forward the the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete