Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Quoting GrayCharles posting by True North

TrueNorth Says: March 28th, 2006 at 10:36 pm
The character of Taylor Hicks amazes me.
I believe this is why so many of us music afficionados have so much love and respect for this man.
He says he is on a mission to bring the REAL back into popular music. Tonight he proved again that he is staying committed to that mission. He didn’t sell out by going for a hit single everyone would know. Nope. He chose a soulful song from the singer-songwriter genre, by an artist he personally admires. A piece that actually requires something of the listener. He has enough confidence in himself to stand his ground and just do that, enough smarts to realize that this is the time to do it, and enough confidence in us to believe that we are going to trust what he’s going to give us.
I knew who he was from the moment he started singing “Change Gonna Come”, and now I think how clever and downright prophetic that particular song choice seems. Maybe my music dream WILL come true, and REAL music will rise to the top again. I can’t wait for THAT change to come.
Taylor Hicks, you are the second coming of Elvis, who soaked up blues and soul on Beale Street and then delivered it to white America, changing popular music forever.
I absolutely love you, man. I love you.


True North; I love you too, man, you have said it all. I have nothing more to offer.
Groove on Soulman!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh that seems like such a long time ago, a much more naive era.

    ReplyDelete