Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Friday, July 11, 2008

Taylor Hicks "Early Works" CD Song Listing

No information on how the sales are coming along on this CD being released by Taylor Hicks in August, but it's up for grabs at amazon.com as most loyal Hicks' fans are aware. The link for information, comments and purchase is "Early Works" by Taylor Hicks. He's incorporating that one picture of him that I ran originally on my blog header.

IDOL BLUES once used this picture I created out of combination of photos - love his look back in those days with his hair longer and fuller, just more attractive to me than the really short cropped look he favors currently. I think I might later on put this back up as the blog header for the time being in lieu of his upcoming 'new' CD.

I love the "West Texas Sky" tune, as well as "Somehow", "The Fall", "Soul Thing" and "Son of a Carpenter". My least favorite is "Tighten Up" just not into that tune at all.

1. Soul Thing
2. The Fall
3. Hold On to Your Love
4. The Deal
5. Heart and Soul
6. In Your Time
7. West Texas Sky
8. Somehow
9. Tighten Up
10. Son of a Carpenter
11. My Friend
12. Georgia

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    Is there any reason to buy this? I already have these songs. No way will I pre-order, but if I hear that the sound quality is better or whatever, then I'll consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard anything about the details and nothing so far from Mr. Hicks on the CD's make-up. WOuld be helpful to know if tracks were remastered or reworked or just laid 'as is' on the plastic.

    I'd have to go with laid 'as is' since nothing is being promoted about anything new and improved. If you have all these tunes, no I'd see no point in this purchase. I'd hope he would come out with some more information. Let ya know what I find out if anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:14 AM

    Now that we know the track list for"Early Works":


    Which Song is Your Pick for "Best Song "

    http://www.neomyz.com/poll/poll.aspx?1baee5eccf0bff09

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems "Somehow" leading the group in popularity, "The Fall" second place.

    ReplyDelete