Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Taylor Hicks and Willie the Pimp; What's in Common?

What's this I'm reading? Taylor Hicks charging fans for a Meet and Greet on Broadway?

Taylor Hicks is apparently starting this Meet and Greet Special to the tune of almost $500.00. Now this does allow admission, I think for two, and special seating and of course, that private meeting with Taylor Hicks, supposedly in his dressing room. Don't think you'll be alone with Mr. Hicks though, I'm sure Mr. Body Guard will be on-hand to curtail any hijinks the ladies may have in their fantasies.

Does that make Taylor Hicks a sell-out? Taylor Hicks - is he 'pimping out' his dignity? Is Taylor Hicks taking advantage of the fans? Besides Taylor Hicks, who else does this on Broadway? Just questions, I'm full of questions.

"Willie the Pimp" Zappa plays Zappa in Dallas.


Lyrics:
Frank Zappa:Willie the pimp

I'm a little pimp with my hair gassed back
Pair a khacki pants with my shoes shined black
Got a little lady...walk the street
Tellin' all the boys that she can't be beat
Twenny dollah bill (I can set you straight)
Meet me onna corner boy'n don't be late
Man in a suite with bow-tie neck
Wanna buy a grunt with a third party check
Standin' onna porch of the Lido Hotel
Floozies in the lobby love the way I sell:HOT MEAT
HOT RATS HOT ZITS HOT WRISTS
HOT RITZ HOT ROOTS HOT SOOTS

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:20 PM

    He'd better have heavy security cuz I'm thinking the only fans who will come up with this kind of money are the truly obsessed.

    It's an odd move. I mean, I get it- he's found a way to turn the fans' obsession into cash, so why not? But, I would find the whole situation awkward. Even if I were the fan, I would be embarrassed to be there.

    I'm becoming more turned off with every new announcement. Hmm...wait a minute. Maybe he's TRYING to shake us? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, seriously I'd be freaking embarrassed if I were him - man I'd feel like a call girl or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:46 PM

    I would totally be embarrassed if I were the fans too. I mean meeting Taylor with everybody around knowing you spent that kind of money, in today's economy? It's just beyond anything I could have fathomed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:09 PM

    I can't imagine it will be any fun for him, especially since I've heard he doesn't like the hero worship or the fangirly crap, but hopefully, we'll make the best of the situation. It just makes me think he's only doing it for the money and there is no sincerity there at all. I can picture a very awkward sitution where everyone's a little uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't see any positives in this scenario. Maybe if it was for charity - maybe. I'd think it would be an awkward moment too - you know there are going to be those fans who think since they've laid out that kind of cash, he will owe them something very special. Can you imagine Mr. Hicks being mauled over by some of them? I can. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:41 PM

    I'm sure a security guard will be there, so, he won't be mauled over, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:21 PM

    It really isn't my concern if fans choose to put that kind of money down for a meet and greet. That's there business and I don't see the need to make fun of these fans. God forbid their names get out on the internet, they'll be bashed to kingdom come..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:41 PM

    Five hundred dollars? FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS?

    I guess hookers and blow don't come cheap in New York.

    (Also, this is the Girl Who Was Formerly Super, changing her name in honor of the awesome that will be "The Dark Knight". Batman >>> Superman.)

    ReplyDelete