Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reality Show Rocker Who Dissed Me

Now this happened to me a while back, not a recent thing, just thought about him tonight. You see, I had an interview set up - I had contacted the guy through MySpazz, the place of bands and rocker wannabes. I fangurled out about his incredible voice and presence back on Rockstar Supernova (which I knew was doomed for Fail) and I requested an interview. He knew my name from an article I put out "pushing" him from blogcritics.org, so he knew I could at least spell rudimentary words. Too that piece went published in the Icelandic newspapers, was copy pasted on the Icelandic Tourist bureau for a short time.

Frankly I was flattered anyone wanted to read my fangurl prose so did not pursue the fact that other sites were benefiting from my words. I was pleased anyone thought I might have a way with cool wordage that would promote Magni. I really thought he was "It".

That's what made me brave. I actually contacted this man whom I thought the Sun rose with - it was incredibly challenging for me to even put the words together to write to him.

We set up a time to talk and... I was stood up. You see if the continents (he's Icelandic) were not in the way and I could have talked to him - face to face - he'd never done that. I still wonder what he's up to and still find him as intriguing as ever.
Magni Asgeirsson "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Loved this tune:

But yeah, he might have been a "Creep" lol

Damn he was so gorgeous.
Then he did Bowie: "Heroes" I melted over that tune. ha.

Bowie again:

I was active to say the least on the Rockstar boards. I requested to Magni on his blog he do these tunes:
"Hush"

"Fire"

One of his best, "I Alone".


What's he doing these days? Not much that I can tell. He did finish fourth on that reality show.

2 comments:

  1. jerseyirish7:34 AM

    Sunny, He stood you up? No excuse cause he is Icelandic. His voice and style reminded me a bit of Chris Daughtry. Hope he has done ok since being on the show.


    JI

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were suppose to interview but he ditched. Never met him face to face. :cry

    I suppose at that time when he was really busy, the time might have gotten away from him.

    ReplyDelete