Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Monday, March 10, 2008

Beatles Week On THAT Reality Show

American Idol, that craptastic show I love yet hate is featuring a week devoted to the Beatles. Song choices are to be limited to the McCartney/Lennon song book and songs available are within the years 1962 through 1966 from what I've read. In fact, Amazon has an album titled, Beatles/1962 - 1966. Likely the contestants are selecting from these tunes:
1. Love Me Do
2. Please Please Me
3. From Me to You
4. She Loves You
5. I Want to Hold Your Hand
6. All My Loving
7. Can't Buy Me Love
8. Hard Day's Night
9. And I Love Her
10. Eight Days a Week
11. I Feel Fine
12. Ticket to Ride
13. Yesterday

Disc: 2
1. Help!
2. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
3. We Can Work It Out
4. Day Tripper
5. Drive My Car
6. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
7. Nowhere Man
8. Michelle
9. In My Life
10. Girl
11. Paperback Writer
12. Eleanor Rigby
13. Yellow Submarine

***One spoiler rumor, Jason is/was wanting to perform "I'll Follow the Sun". No confirmation if that song was approved.***

There are several selections that would work well for my Idol favorite, Jason Castro. These appealed to me during my hippy dippy period:
"Day Tripper": video c/o gardner9

"Norwegian Wood": video c/o MAXI1230384

Because of what I do:
"Paperback Writer" video c/o Daytripped

I love the "Rain" inclusion in this video, great job, Daytripped. ;) Maybe that song is on the list - that would be great too.

For my Biker sistah, Amanda, "Hard Day's Night" or "Nowhere Man" could work.

I can just hear Randy-I-don't-know-INXS-from-Simple Minds yapping to Michael Johns, "Dawg! You gave (insert Beatles song title) it the Michael Hutchence treatment, Dude! That was Hawt!"

I'm waiting to see how this show can mess up Beatles, I'm sure they will find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment