Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

USA Today Spoilers for tonight (?)

By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY
Here are the Queen songs the Idol finalists will be singing — and their comments.
PREVIEW: Idols rock in Queen's Arena
•Ace Young, We Will Rock You: "I urbanized the verses a little, just by riding on (the notes). I put a little R&B soul on it. When we were done, they said, 'That sounds like a record.' "
•Bucky Covington, Fat Bottomed Girls: "Yes, we all love the fat-bottomed girls."
•Chris Daughtry, Innuendo: "It's a relatively unknown song. It just had a mixture of a dark feel and a positive message. And I just found out they've never performed this live."
•Elliott Yamin, Somebody to Love: "I was drawn to the passionate emotion of the song. I heard a lot of soul in it."
•Katharine McPhee, Who Wants to Live Forever: "How could (this) not be fun? We're working with so many different legends."
•Kellie Pickler, Bohemian Rhapsody: "We only have 1 minute and 30 seconds, and the song is really long. Having to cut so many pieces is really hard to memorize, because I'm not singing the song as it's originally played."
•Paris Bennett, The Show Must Go On: "Being with the band was a big experience to me, never being with a rock band before. I was able to pick a song that fits me, that's still rocky."
•Taylor Hicks, Crazy Little Thing Called Love: "You listen to a Queen song, it's really melodic and very powerful, and the dynamics (are) really cool."

I find the comments associated with the spoiler list to sound disembodied to the contestant making them...plus, I have not received a 'Google alert' about this one or find it in search...

"Borrowed" from the Great GrayCharles.com site. (Thanks o' Great gc-)

We will find out in a matter of hours....

Happy TuesTay!

2 comments:

  1. I hope we see the REAL Taylor tonight! I don't know who has told him to stifle his moves and stand woodenly behind the microphone these last two episodes, but it's time he got back out there! Hopefully, with this Queen song, it will light another fire in him and he'll be back tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey tiggerlane, good to see you, Lady! He brought It didn't he!!! I was freaking happy and excited to watch him! Man, he's absolutely great! THanks, for stopping by!
    Talk Soon.... ;)

    ReplyDelete