Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Taylor Hicks Cancels the Beatles: Bo Bice Picks up the Slack

Posted on Taylor Hicks Myspace yesterday, Saturday, May 31, 2008 he writes,

Wolf Trap Cancelled

Hey Soul Patrol. Sadly, as most of you know, I won't be doing Beatles Tribute in Virgina. I know a lot of you bought tickets and I want you to know that I was as excited to be doing the show as you all were to be coming out. I'm truly sorry the scheduling conflict happened and I hope some of you will make it up to The Big Apple to catch me in Grease. I also hope to see you out when I'm back on the road in the fall. See y'all soon.

Taylor


Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band will have to "tribute" without Taylor Hicks. But wait, folks, lo and behold, Bo Bice will be there in his place. Interesting that we saw Bo Bice on the show (Idol) this season twice - once performing then again at the finals, and now this change up. (I did get that text from the Biceman yesterday...)

Check out some Bo Bice tunes at his Myspace, he's got my favorite tune in the rotation, "Sinner in a Sin". Love. that. song.
One day I'm going to wake up
And I know that the sun is gonna shine
Keeps on shinin' down
One day I know clouds, they're gonna part
Yes and I know it's rays they will find me
Keeps on shining down
LYRICS.

What, did some kind of agreement with American Idol happen in which one of the Idols would substitute? You know we got to have all that Beatles exposure early in the competition this season. Ah, I kid.

Anyway, I imagine with Taylor Hicks going all Teen Angel in "Grease" through September - obviously he did not have time to be at the Beatles' tribute. Ya know, can't be in more than one place at a time. Gotta pick, gotta choose. I'm thinking three months with Grease pays hella more than the Sgt. Peppers gig.

This man can sing, one of his best Idol performances: