Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Friday, March 30, 2007

Tony Bennett Week on American Idol

(word to Sanjaya Malakar)

This week, Sanjaya, leave your hair natural, like during The Kinks tune. Right now, with all the attention you're getting it is time to start sealing the deal on this competition with a great singing performance. Reach on down deep into that bag of gumption that drove you to wear that ponyhawk and sing, baby.

Tony Bennet has a song called "Firefly" it would be a great tune to perform. Jazzy, fun, and tune-wise, in line with your voice. Let those vocals shine this week, and exude sass out in a positive, dynamic way. Strut that stage, work it baby.

Obviously you've gotten the attention of millions, but not for all the right reasons, but man, what an opportunity. One in a lifetime. Play this game smart, you've done pretty well so far; now is the time, with everyone watching to do what that preacher in your church said - sing from the heart. We all heard you loudly and clearly last week with the ponyhawk regarding the hair, now we need the voice, loud and clear.

This song needs a delivery sassy, and passionate, not soft and hesitant, kid, stand them on their feet.

It's an old song, one of Bennett's last top 40 hits:
FIREFLY
[i]I call her Firefly
Cause, oh, my
She radiates moonglow
Wants none of that noon glow
She starts to glitter
When the sun goes down

Bout eight p.m., it's mayhem
She switches those brights up
Lights up and gives me a call
Take me to the Fireflies ball

But when I get her there
Set her there
Do I get to pet her there
And grab me some glow

No, she's a gad about, mad about
Luring every lad about
While leaving me moaning low

Oh, Firefly, why can't I
Latch on for you no how
Oh, how I love you but gee
While you set the night on
Firefly, shine a little light on me

But when I get her there
Set her there
Do I get to pet her there
And grab me some glow

No, she's a gad about, mad about
Luring every lad about
While leaving me moaning low

Oh, Firefly, why can't I
Latch on for you no how

Oh, how I love you but gee
While you set the night on
Firefly, shine a little light on
Shine a little light on
Shine a little light on me[/i]

Sanjaya, let that light shine down on you.

2 comments:

  1. Is it just songs Tony Bennet has sung?

    I actually liked Standards night last year, though Rod Stewart was a really odd choice (I know he'd done a Standards album).

    You think they'll make Ryan sing "I left my heart in San Francisco" on Wednesday to keep up with their same weird business of "let's see how far we can go with Ryan thing?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read on a forums, so don't know the reliability factor, but the choices are rumored to come from his "Duets" CD.

    It would be highly amusing if Ryan would perform that...LOL He's getting into all sorts of antics this year, why not. Loved the ponyhawk wig. They're playing to my boy now. He's emerged as this season's news maker like Hicks last year. Hicks was savvy enough to work it when he needed to - he surprised a lot of folks, but not me. ;)

    The boy needs to come out and wow with the vocals this next week as strongly as he did with that hair last Tuesday. Time for that left hook.

    ReplyDelete