Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sanjaya Malakar, Winning Hearts, Minds, one Pony-tail at a time...

Gay Socialites.com rallies forth with the commonplace drivel that Sanjaya Malakar can't sing. I began reading the article thinking, well another bash Sanjaya piece for all the ravenous hyenas who think they know anything about music to gather and cackle, and write their inane banter. I was surprised and heartened. Here are some of the posts:

Have some original thinking dude ? The guy sang well today. You don't have to keep saying he didn't sing well to feel credible.

what a poser, you.

Posted by: Kris Deloris | March 27, 2007 10:24 PM

seriously, i'm getting sick of all the 'tone-deaf' comments on all these sites. no musician or music teacher would dare say he is tone-deaf, his pitch is actually fine for the most part. and yes, it's just a way to take a crack at the kid. fine, you don't like him. he's not the best singer. don't vote for him! that's it. i'm all for taking a crack at the system that put him there in the first place. he is no worse now than he was in his original audition, when everyone--including the judges--loved him. they should be held accountable for putting him through. at least tonight randy and paula encouraged him to let the voice he does have shine through. and come on, we all know it's not a singing contest, it's a popularity contest. otherwise taylor would not have won...and, and btw, how many of you not-so-tone-deaf critics actually bought taylor's album anyway?
aside from a few bright moments here and there, this season is quite boring to tell you the truth. at least sanjaya has provided some entertainment! (and just to remind you, it still is a tv show!) i'm laughing all right, but i'm laughing with sanjaya. give the kid a lilttle credit for knowing the deal, and having a little fun in the process. go sanjaya!

Posted by: mark spence | March 27, 2007 10:48 PM

After I got over the "WTF" hair, I listened to his performance again -- it was actually good. Better than Sligh and Haley for sure.

And anyone who has the balls to get out there in light of all the criticism and sport THE CRAZIEST hair ever in the history of AI...AND manage to sing decently and keep me entertained? Hell ya, he's got my vote!

Rock your bad ass self Sanjaya!

Posted by: John | March 27, 2007 11:07 PM

he is the only reason that i am tuning into the cheeziest show on earth. Rock on Sanjaya! I just voted for him.

Posted by: SANFAN | March 27, 2007 11:35 PM

Must admit, I could not stop laughing. The singing was less than stellar, but that silly faux hawk was worth the price of admission. Since I'm sure he'll be back next week (the Fanjayas will see to that), I can only hope he will take the challenge and perform in drag. He may be the least talented contestant left (and face it, he is), but I am sure entertained.

Posted by: Esco | March 28, 2007 12:41 AM

I'm a classically-trained pianist and, like Mark, I get disgusted by indignant cries of "Tone deaf!" "Off-key!" regarding Sanjaya from people who have NO IDEA what they mean. Stop embarrassing yourselves and showing how little you know about music. These aren't "insults" musicians toss around at people we don't like ... Call Sanjaya out for forgetting the words, for his lack of life experience, his demeaneor, or his fashion choices if you don't like them, but don't expose your idiocy about how he can't sing. He can. He's also a much more entertaining performer than most of the boring people on there, so he gets my vote every week, and I'm a 30-plus straight guy.

Posted by: Tom | March 28, 2007 05:37 AM

I'm a classically-trained pianist and, like Mark, I get disgusted by indignant cries of "Tone deaf!" "Off-key!" regarding Sanjaya from people who have NO IDEA what they mean. Stop embarrassing yourselves and showing how little you know about music. These aren't "insults" musicians toss around at people we don't like ... Call Sanjaya out for forgetting the words, for his lack of life experience, his demeaneor, or his fashion choices if you don't like them, but don't expose your idiocy about how he can't sing. He can. He's also a much more entertaining performer than most of the boring people on there, so he gets my vote every week, and I'm a 30-plus straight guy.

Posted by: Tom | March 28, 2007 05:37 AM

My favorite line: "And anyone who has the balls to get out there in light of all the criticism and sport THE CRAZIEST hair ever in the history of AI...AND manage to sing decently and keep me entertained? Hell ya, he's got my vote!".

My thoughts exactly.

I think young Malakar, by the look in his eyes last night said to American, "Go ahead, rip at me, hunger strike to get me off this show if that's what you want!" Should he stay in the competition, I hope that this impels him to do what I think he can. If nothing else Sanjaya was entertaining and much braver than any of the others on this show.

My boy showed brass balls last night. Damn, I love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment