Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Taylor Hicks, Gladys Knight at the Orange Bowl

Taylor Hicks' gave his best performance yet, of "The Runaround", the first track off of his self-titled CD. Taylor gave the Orange Bowl crowd (and televison viewers) a white hot performance loaded with extreme passion and energy during the Orange Bowl's half-time show which aired Tuesday, January 2. Gladys Knight joined Taylor onstage following his mega-watt high-energy performance, singing, "I Heard it Through the Grapevine", with Hicks accompanying her on his harmonica.

Gladys Knight, reigns as one of my favorite music mavens, she's always been able to identify great tunes, evidenced in the selections of music she's opted to record during her career, examples, "I Heard It Through the Grapevine", "If I were Your Woman", and "Midnight Train to Georgia". I remember the first time I heard "Midnight Train", I was driving my '68 Buick GS with it's newly purchased FM converter attached to the AM radio, flipping stations to see what was up on the FM radio waves, and there she was, singing in all her lovely soulful glory. She still looks so beautiful and sounds amazing.

Groove on with your extreme-energy-self, Soulman!

No comments:

Post a Comment