Teavana, fragrant, natural teas

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jordin Sparks Positioned to Take the Title

Even though Sparks is not the best entertainer, she made the crowd cry, like Taylor Hicks did last season when he sang, "Do I Make You Proud". Of course Taylor was the rollicking favorite most of the season last year, and Sparks has been more of a slower climbing to the top contestant. Too, Taylor Hicks didn't join in on the water works like Jordin did. We do have to consider she's only 17...

That said, I think Jordin Sparks will receive the golden ticket to the American Idol Crown this year. I'm not saying that I think she was the best last night, in fact I was driven to be even more soured on this show by the massive false pimping and freaking weird emotional mess-ness of it all - and for no good reason. Coming through my sound system she sounded off-key and screechy much of last night. The winner's song, blecht, (excuse me) sounded like more of the same crap that the show churns out year after year. Unknown songwriters my ass, OK maybe unknown but ties to the show, maybe... my last word on it - that is one smecky song. No doubt Blake absolutely cringed the first time he read the lyrics, my impression at least, form the way he sang it and the way he looked afterwards, like he'd just eaten something really awful. Most likely he's dreading the thought of actually having to record that schlock and go down in the annals of music history as that being one of his singles. Man, he should have just gone wild and wacky with it, beat boxed it just to see the shock and indignation of those hapless songwriters. That would have at least brought some real entertainment to the fake festival of last night's show.

Scanning through the crowd, too the cameras just touched on the side of Sanjaya's hair. Dismal finale made even more so without seeing that sweet Papaya. Well, tonight's show may see him playing a bigger role, more than a quick glimpse of his hair - that's one bright spot to look forward to.

I predicted Jordin to win this dismal season last March - and my run down for the finals went like this:
1. Jordin Sparks - to win
2. Blake Lewis
3. Melinda Doolittle
4. LaKisha Jones
5. Chris Sligh - that was relatively early before Sligh showed he was not such a Sly one...
6. Chris Richardson
7. Sanjaya
8. Gina Glocksen
9. Phil Stacey
10. Haley Scarnato
Seven out of ten correct, that's not too bad considering how this season went. I'm just glad it's over, the past several weeks have been almost unwatchable yet there I sat, tuning in and out. It's been more out of habit than desire to watch since week seven's elimination of Sanjaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment